The tubes are made of standard raw steel or shot blasted to your dimensions.
If you need standard dimensions you can also consult the standard length steel threaded tubes from 30mm to 2000mm.
Appearance of steel tubes
- Standard: Smooth with a certain shine as it is raw steel. Depending on the manufacture, the colour can vary from light grey to black.
- Shot-blasted:Uniform colour that is close to the umber grey "RAL7022" with slight nuances and a slight texture that blends perfectly with the colour of the plumbing fittings cast iron and shot blasted steel.
Our black round steel tubes are manufactured to the following tolerances:
Tapered male threads (BSPT) do not screw in completely, only 9 to 12mm when tightened by hand.
As they are raw steel there is a thin film of oil to protect them from corrosion.
This oil film can be wiped off with a dry cloth to leave as is or for a different finish using our metal cleaner or with any other degreaser (e.g. brake cleaner).
For protection against moisture it is possible to apply a aerosol varnisha aerosol paint or with linseed oil baked into a very thin layer, ...
Feel free to read our FAQ.
Please note that during the production of the custom-made tubes 3 marks in the form of small dots of a length of +-4cm are visible due to the holding of the tube in the threading machine.
The black steel threaded pipes are designed to be screwed to any type of fittings Female in cast iron or steel of the same size.
You can then design tablesYou can choose from a wide range of products such as bookcases, shelves and furniture legs to create a perfect industrial decor.
The black steel nipple tubes are welded steel tubes S195T / P235 medium iso to DIN EN10255 / EN10217 with BSP tapered gas thread to DIN EN 10226 at both ends.
- 3/8″ → 12/17 → 17.2mm diameter
- 1/2″ → 15/21 → Diameter 21.3mm
- 3/4″ → 20/27 → Diameter 26.9mm
- 1″ → 26/34 → Diameter 33.7mm
- 1 1/4″ → 33/42 → Diameter 42.4mm
For more details you can read our FAQs
- Choice and dimensions of black and galvanised steel pipes for decorative plumbing fittings
- How do I mount it?
- Which look should I choose for my "standard" black or "umber grey shot blasted" steel tubes?
- Do I have to treat my tubes or can I leave them as they are?
- How to apply a finish?
The thread is BSP (British Standard Pipe) Whitworth type.
The female thread type is BSPP DIN ISO 228-1 cylindrical and the male thread is BSPT DIN EN 10226 conical type formerly ISO 7-1.